Lunch Meeting between UK and Regional Office Representatives from Teesside University, the Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), and the Faculty of Health Sciences UiTM
This casual lunch meeting was basically a reciprocal discussion session from previous Teesside University Convocation which was attended by both UiTM Vice-Chancellor (VC), Profesor Datuk Ts. Dr. Hajah Roziah Mohd Janor, and Teesside University VC, Professor Paul Croney OBE in Pulau Pinang, on the 3rd December 2022.
The discussion focused on way forward of the Faculty of Health Sciences’ (FSK) prestigious 20 years’ collaboration with Teesside University (TU) UK, especially in enhancing the student mobility program via summer program of FSK students, staff exchange and possibilities on the collaborative research by promoting FSK staff attachment in research institute of Teesside University, Middlesbrough UK, and hence, fostering high impact journal articles publication.
Both varsities were in agreement to enhance the visibility of each other institution. This accord is in line with UiTM mission towards Global Renowned University by 2025.
The lunch meeting which was held in UiTM Office of VC, attended by:
1. Dr Kevin Thomas, Associate Dean (International) School of Health Life Sciences, TU UK.
2. Ms June Chai, Director, Teesside University, South East Asia Regional Office.
3. Ms Rachel Huey, Operation and Administrative Manager, Teesside University, South East Asia Regional Office.
4. Professor Dr Zulkhairi Haji Amom, Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, UiTM Selangor Branch, Puncak Alam Campus.
5. Dr Muhammad Afiq Zaki, UITM Teesside Coordinator, Faculty of Health Sciences, UiTM Selangor Branch, Puncak Alam Campus.
6. Mr Mohamad Zahid Ahmad, Senior Assistant Registrar ( Administration and Human Resource), Faculty of Health Sciences, UiTM Selangor Branch, Puncak Alam Campus.
The lunch meeting was well delighted with the home-cooked "Chicken Rendang" specially made from my kitchen for Teeside University team as Dr Kevin loves "Rendang".